Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Offer on the Condo

I got an offer on my condo last night and we accepted it today. The offer was a full-price offer, meaning I will hold the record for selling my condo for more than anyone else in the history of the building. I bought the condo 2 1/2 years ago (at a then-record price) and it has appreciated 63% since. At the time I bought it, I was afraid it was the top of the market! I think it is the top now, at least for the short term.

It's a 30 day escrow with very few contingencies from a pre-qualified buyer.

I have someone coming out next week to give me a quote on all my furniture. If they come in too low, I'll sell everything individually on Craig's list and through an estate sale.

Yesterday I made all the arrangements for my enrollment in the Spanish language school, and have secured my housing in Barcelona. I have opted to take the "super" intensive course which is six hours a day! I then will have a two week "vacation" during the Christmas and New Year's holidays staying in a student flat in the L'Eixample (gay district). There's a good chance I'll have the flat to myself since most students will leave for the Holidays. I hope to have a new Spanish boyfriend by then to share the Holiday's with! If not, it may be a lonely time, as it will be the first time in my life I've not been at my Mom's house for Christmas. But I'm believing it will be a time of happy and contemplative reflection that will be good for my soul.

Three days of work left before I retire!

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

This is exciting to read, I hope you don't mind my comments. I thought I sold (in Long Beach) at the top of the cycle too, but that was 2001. How wrong I was. Can't wait for stories about the beginning of your new life.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home