Thursday, September 08, 2005

I got a raise!

Funny how things work.

If I'd known I had a great raise coming, would I have retired? I don't know. My new boss told me a couple months ago when they put me in my new position that I'd be getting the same rate of pay. I assumed that meant on into the new fiscal year, and so it would have been my first time in 20+ years not getting a significant raise from my employer. After giving notice to retire, and then receiving my last monthly paycheck I realized I had gotten a fairly significant raise! I was surprised. I was never notified of the raise, which is tacky I think, but not surprising since I'd given notice. I guess they figured why give my my annual assessment and tell me I got a raise when I was leaving?

Today is day two of my retirement. I've been busy. I went to a doctor appointment and had blood work done, and then a few hours later had my teeth cleaned. I'm trying to take care of health issues while my insurance is still in force.

Tomorrow I go in to UCLA medical center to have a stress test for my heart and a 24 hour monitor to check for palpitations. There is a concern that I may have heart disease. Whatever.

I'm still in escrow, with a full price offer. Please think good thoughts that it will get past the contingency period.

My mom's house fell out of escrow the same day I went into escrow on my condo. Mixed blessings, mixed emotions.

The end of day two of retirement, signing off for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

good luck with the medical tests, the house etc. When do you plan to leave for Spain at this point?

5:00 AM  
Blogger Eagle Eye said...

Thanks for your comments, I enjoy them. I'm leaving for Spain on October 18th! Yipeee!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home