Wednesday, November 09, 2005

El principe azul - The perfect person

The teacher asked me (in spanish) does the perfect person exist? I said no way.

She proceeded to go around the room asking what the physical and personality characteristics were of the perfect person for each student. The idea was we would respond in Spanish with the description of the perfect person.

The two young male estudiantes were uncomfortable with the question and dodged the answer.

The teacher and Carlotta were egging me on to describe the "perfect woman" that I wanted. Finally the teacher asked for "famous people" who embodied the perfect person. She looked right at me and insisted I answer. I said Brad Pitt. I flushed a little and did not dare look around the room. Carlotta did not look at me and the teacher just looked right at me and smiled without flinching.

Later Carlotta looked at me and laughed again. I think she thinks I was playing with the class when I said Brad Pitt.

Oh Jesus! I guess I may as well just say it in class that "Soy gay" Si, "Soy estadounidense, vivo en Los Angeles, soy jubilado." I'm American, I live in L.A. and I'm retired. I just need to add the part that says "I'm gay."

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

So funny, I remember that in my French class too. great bit!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home