Friday, October 14, 2005

T Minus 4 days til liftoff

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited about leaving for Barcelona. Although I don't tell them, the answer is truthfully "no, not really."

I know myself, and when Tuesday comes around and I'm through the airport security and my bags are checked and I'm sitting in my luxurious first class seat on a jumbo jet to Germany (my first stop in Europe) THEN I'll be excited. For now I'm passing the days and doing what I can each day to make them the most. The "most" is getting to the gym every day, eating healthy (I'm switching to vegetarian, I don't want to be remotely responsible for contributing to the cruelty of animals and besides it's healthy and less expensive), and reading through as many of the books I've retained so I don't have to pack them to Spain. I still don't have room in my luggage for everything, and so I need to somehow make room. I donated yet more clothing to charity to the point now I have hardly any clothes at all! And still I won't be sure until tomorrow when I do a practice run of packing if I have enough space yet.

Tonight is my final "goodbye party" with some good friends (mostly all straight -- I never did meet any gay friends while here in WEHO for 2.5 years, how sad). We're meeting at the Abbey for drinks and food. Tomorrow my friend S. picks me up from the hotel and takes me to where he is house sitting in Brentwood. I hang out there for a couple days and then he takes me to LA International where I say bye-bye to L.A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home