Friday, October 07, 2005

In Between Time

I just saw Jai Rodriquez of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy fame at the Starbucks in West Hollywood. Actually I saw him walking earlier on the Boulevard with his two young friends but did not realize who he was. I dipped in to check my mail and then proceeded to Starbucks to read for a bit when I heard someone say to a young man "Hi! You're Jai's roommate, right?" And he answered yes. It was then I realized that Jai was right there, and we made eye contact. We did a few more times actually, until he and his friends left.

I officially closed escrow on my condo yesterday at Noon! I am soooo relieved. And now I am in a cheap but decent hotel still within my neighborhood where I can walk to everything including my gym, Trader Joe's, Starbucks, etc. Today I grabbed a bus and went to Whole Foods and had a organic salad for lunch, before proceeding back to Weho and seeing Jai. In the mail was a gift from my new friends Bonnie and Mike from Florida that I met in Ajijic Mexico -- they sent me a great map of Barcelona and a guide book.

In about 45 minutes I head over to Westwood near UCLA to meet up with one of my Tuesday night drinking buddies, K., where we will get together for one of our last happy hours together. Then tomorrow night it's dinner at La Boheme in West Hollywood with my sister, niece and her boyfriend. It's supposed to be my "going away/retirement" bash with family, but somehow I ended up getting roped into paying the whole bill. That's another story for another time. Sunday I have dinner at an equally elegant restaurant (forgot the name for now, tell ya later) with my real estate agent and my old next door neighbor to celebrate the sale of our condos. Tuesday I have lunch with an old work friend, Tuesday night drinks with yet another friend, and then Friday night is my retirement bash with my closest friends. Sunday I head over to where my good friend S. is house sitting and stay with him for a couple days and then I head off to BARCELONA on the following Tuesday!

Hey Jai, wanna come sleep with me tonight and give me something as a going away present?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home