Sunday, October 02, 2005

Everything's Gone

All my furniture was carted away last Thursday. This morning I sold my refrigerator and microwave to two seperate Craig's list buyers. I've either sold, donated or given away most of my possessions. The few things I AM keeping are in boxes and stored at my niece's place.

Tonight Kitty goes to his new home. I think this is going to be hard for me. We've been together since he was 3 months old -- 16 years. Right now he's sleeping peacfully at my feet, although he knows something is up... he got pretty upset when all the furniture disappeared. He no longer has a bed or couch to sleep on or hide behind. So he sleeps on his favorite place, my chest. I sleep on a camping matress and a sheet and blanket, and he sleeps on top of that. And we both dream together.

After Kitty, one more trip from my niece's boyfriend Monday to take a few things like the barbecue and some plants and one more box. Then Tuesday I move into a hotel and clean the apartment. Wednesday we close escrow.

My mom's place is coincidentally closing escrow one day before mine.

Don't be surprised if there's an earthquake or some natural disaster shortly after my place closes escrow, or even after I leave the country. Whenever there is a huge change or a new chapter in my life, almost always there is a huge natural event in either the old or the new place I'm moved to.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home