Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving (to my U.S. readers) from Barcelona

This is a picture of the facade of my new favorite restaurant "Unicornius" where I had my "Thanksgiving" meal today. It's a vegetarian, organic restaurant near the Rambla just off Taller street. There is no smoking, a nice atmosphere, and even lovely classical and/or jazz music playing softly in the background. I eat here quite often and like it a lot. If you have just the salad bar (all you can eat) and soup with a drink it is only about 7 Euros.

Of course they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Espana, and so I went to classes today as I will tomorrow.

I'm thankful for good health, friends, family (past and present), the freedom to choose where I live and whether I work, and for the simple things in life: food, laughter, a good movie, and sleep.

I signed up for a tour to see the Monstserrat and the wine factory this Saturday. It is an old monastery nestled high in the hills above the city which must have a spectacular view of Barcelona and the Mediterranean. I'll take pictures and try to share them with you, as well as give you interesting tidbits about the place in a few days.

From Barcelona I send you wishes for wonderful blessings, prosperity, and a bright future.

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Hey thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Yay more photos coming too.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home