Wednesday, January 18, 2006

City on the hill

Kitty and I nearly froze to death our first night in the new apartment. The heater was not working, a window was stuck open, and I had no blanket! But alas, we are both alive, and now we have TWO heaters working, all the windows have been "unstuck", we have a lovely down comforter, and we're both getting settled in.

After sleeping on a blow-up bed for three nights, last night I picked up a queen sized futon from someone selling on Craigslist (god I love craigslist) and slept on it. For $100 I'm not complaining. On order is more furniture to round out the place so I have a place to sit, eat, set up my office, etc. Next big item to purchase: plasma HDTV 42". I'm excited about that. Trying to decide if I buy it from someone on Craigslist or bite the big one and get it new. Yikes.

Right now I'm sitting on my futon with a few pillows supporting my back against the wall. My laptop is in my lap, Kitty sound asleep by my side on top of the new down comforter, and I can see the Bay through my windows as I peer up from my computer.

The apartment has been upgraded with new hardwood floors, new kitchen appliances (cabinets, granite countertops, fridge, oven/stove and sink), and new mini blinds for the five bay windows.

Now if only I could get Trader Joe's to deliver, I'd be in Heaven.

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

I miss Trader Joe's (sniff) And San Fran is such a great city (jealousy). Can't wait for some more of your awesome pics!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home